I’m not gonna lie, it was another rough week. Dad is still having a rough time and honestly, that is understating the issue. Wednesday was particularly rough for him for some reason. His doctor called in sick so his appointment was rescheduled for next Monday. Jamey’s sick, Ed was at the ER on Tuesday. Jim hurt his back… in the grand scheme of things, despite Dad’s depression (I won’t minimize that) they’re all small annoyances. And, we’re going to have lots of “rough” weeks to come.
So here’s my 10 for this week:
- Laughter. Despite everything, we found something to laugh about every day.
- Jim and I found time to go on a couple Pokemon walks.
- It wasn’t Ed’s appendix or a hernia! (he was constipated from his medication, again)
- Ed brought home a decent report card 🙂 He had a C in History! (he struggles so much in History and that was his lowest grade)
- Thursday was a much better day for Dad.
- Despite sleeping in, everyone got to where they needed to be almost on time Friday. And hey, we got to sleep in….
- Jamey actually left me take a picture of him on Tuesday! (He normally refuses.)
- Jamey’s pain doctor took the time to call in from her vacation in St Thomas to answer a question. She’s in St Thomas, I would have told me to stuff it in my hat for a week.
- Congressman Mike Kelly (or his staff, I don’t feel it matters) took the time to email me about my phone call to his office.
- I was able to spend a little one on one time with Eddie Thursday night. He is such a sweet, kind young man who really has a good head on his shoulders. Plus he really does an amazing Mickey Mouse impression. He really is my sunny funny boy.
Keep looking for that silver lining. I promise you, it’s there. Oh! I almost forgot! The Picture!