Between working and football, and now the holidays, I’ve fallen way behind in my blogging. But that doesn’t mean that I haven’t been grateful.
1) At the end of October, Jim was pulled over for a routine traffic stop. The lights over the license plate were out. The traffic stop revealed things that we had no idea about. Jim’s license was and had been suspended for quite sometime. Thankfully, the officer did not arrest him, nor did he have the car towed. All that were well within his rights. Infact, when I spoke with him a few days later, he urged us to plead not guilty.
So for the past 35 days, Jim has been getting rides to work with a co worker and Dad or my sister in law, Pam, have been bringing him home. Andy ( his boss’ dad) has been taking him to road calls, and I believe Rocco (his boss) has been swamped with deliveries. I am so very grateful that everyone worked together to keep him employed.
As for me, it was a combo of coworkers, friends and my dad who got me back and forth. Once again, we were extremely blessed and I am grateful.
And today? He has his license back.
2) We had a small, quiet Thanksgiving. We kept it low stress and it was so nice to work together to put the meal together.
3) Halloween was fun! So many adorable littles out trick or treating.
4) The football team made it to first rounds of play offs. Our Volleyball team narrowly lost conference, but went on to win states for the first time in school history.
5) Eddie’s report card was all A’s and B’s. He’s pulling straight B’s so far this nine weeks.
6) The house is slowly but surely looking like a home. I still haven’t hung anything on the walls yet, but…
Yes it’s scarecrows, in December. I love scarecrows.
7) The boys and I put the tree up. I was even able to replace the Santa tree topper we bought last year. Ed was thrilled.
I have a few ornaments that I was able to save.
8) I turned 48 yesterday. Or, 18 with 30 years of experience, you decide.
9) I literally cut off all (most of) my hair. And then got rid of the gray. It feels so good to look my age again instead of 10 years older!
10) I’m joining back into the link up that I really enjoy. And next week will be harder because I won’t have months to pull from.
What are you thankful for this week?
Click on the link and join in!