Ten Things of Thankful is a blog post I really enjoy. It’s really helping to increase the positivity in my life by pointing out and having me face the positive happenings every day. Sometimes, we forget to look for the positive side of every story. And they are there, we just get overwhelmed by the negative and forget to look for them.
Let’s get right into it:
- Jim made it home this week before the headlights went out in the car. Yes, we don’t know exactly whats going on with it, yes it happened, and yes I had to cancel an appointment because of it, but he made it home safe and sound.
- Edward is back to his normal self with just a touch of the same cold I’ve been fighting. For weeks. I hope he doesn’t have the same problem.
- During Jamey’s appointment Tuesday, we found out that Sherry will be leaving Children’s BUT she’s going into private practice. We get to keep her. I was worried about when Jamey “adult’s out” of Children’s.
- I complain about the 90 billion plants I inherited from my mother. Actually it’s only about 9 or 10 and I took them because they were Mom’s, she loved them, and no one else would. I couldn’t just leave them die. Not only are they thriving (mostly, the spider plants do look kinda pitiful) But they’re alive! The last plant I bought Mom was lucky bamboo, and it has doubled in size since I bought it. Well, Jim and I were walking through Walmart alone this week (rare, it never happens without a kid or two in tow.) and I saw some gorgeous orchids. The boys are still unsure why I now have one with how much I complain about the others. It is beautiful though.
- I was able to read every link up to Ten Things of Thankful from last week (apologies for those I didn’t comment on, my son added HIS google account and I doubt anyone would appreciate comments from assassin boy. )
- My boys have learned the value of sharing that does not include viruses and germs. It only took 21 and 16 years, but they are taking turns playing Dead Island without too much hassle. Now to get them to appreciate the value of a clean room…. That may take a bit longer.
- The battery life on my new phone! I have NEVER had a phone stay charged as long as this does. Even brand new. Usually, once twitter kicks in, the battery just drains. This will stay charged all night!
- It seems like the body aches are gone (at least for now.) This cold is really kicking my butt in many ways, the body aches were the most annoying.
- I was able to keep most of my goals in blog posts this week. And they aren’t all together really lame.
- This morning, our assistant manager came in sick. She’s usually one who refuses all offers of help in the kitchen, etc. Today she needed that help. I was able to jump in, use teamwork to get things done and my “over prepping” saved my rear. The 6:30 special order was prepped and ready to go in the oven for my replacement, he still had 5 pizza’s ready to go and that allowed him (and me) to focus on the breakfast sandwiches our customers have come to expect. I was proven wrong, by myself. I really appreciate the irony.
What are YOU thankful for this week?